12/6/14

REVIEW : "The Saem" Eyeshadows, Mojito Face Mist and Blusher

Hey! Around last week (last 2 weeks?) “The Saem” had a brand sale and I managed to get some stuff on discount. The Saem products are on affordable side anyway, so I think I got some great deal here.


I think I never reviewed, or even had any The Saem products. It seems like a new world really because I almost never entered The Saem store to look on their products. I got some products, not new products, unfortunately. I purchased stuffs that I had interest in so yeah. Warning, this post is definitely gonna be long!

I got the oh-so-popular facial mist, 3 eyeshadows, a bronzer and a blush! I kinda interested in their lip products, but recently I just have too many lipsticks and I’m kinda overwhelmed. But for eyeshadows, I can’t have enough!


The first product I’m going to talk about is the “Cooling Mojito Water Mist”. I remembered since a year ago one of my Korean friend recommended me this mist, being her holy super grail and she had purchased it more than 4 bottles already. And, she has oily skin and it works superb for her.


       BRAND      
The Saem

      PRODUCT NAME      
"Cooling Mojito Water Mist"

        type of product        
Facial Mist

      PRICE      
100ml / KRW 5.900

        sites        
The Saem official sites 


I was about to purchase it the time she mentioned it but that time I still had my Evian facial mist so I dropped it. But now, taking advantage of the sale I finally bought it.

It felt super cool when sprayed on the face, God I wish I knew this on the summer because it’ll be the best thing ever happen back then. I see that it doesn’t disturb my makeup when sprayed after I done my makeup.



It does help slight a bit to moisturized my face, and to make my face feel super refreshed. I like to spray it just before I do my makeup, just to re-freshen anything up. Oh, I super hate facial mists that leave a sticky feeling afterward. But this one is definitely not! 

The packaging looks kinda feebly because it’s like cheap plastic, but it’s totally stronger than I thought too. The nozzle sprays fine mist so it won’t make your face ‘wet’ as long as you keep the sprayed amount normal. And it smells like really cool lemon, definitely the nicest smelling mojito I ever smell. 



Overall, I love this mist, but I haven’t got a chance to bring this mist on my bag because the cooling effect isn’t really working outdoor since it’s freezing cold outside right now.



       BRAND      
The Saem 

      PRODUCT NAME      
"Saemmul Single Shadow"

        type of product        
Eyeshadow

        shade        
#3 수즙은 베이지 / #3 Shy Beige
#27 부드러운 밀크초코 / #27 Smooth Milk Choco
#28 달콤한 다크초코 / #28 Sweet Dark Chocolate

      PRICE      
1.2g / KRW 3.500

        sites        

Next on the line is the eyeshadows. Why do I always end up with these similar shades? Anyway, all the shadows I got are matte and they’re in the similar brown-ish tone. The packaging is really similar to MAC eyeshadows, but they’re lid is completely flat. I have no idea what is the difference between the white and black case, but they’re the same product apparently.


03 수줍은 베이지 / 03 shy beige is a warm toned caramel shade that isn’t too far from my skin tone. This shade is a soft contour shade, I can use it for my eyelid or for nose shading. It has a strong yellow tone though, but it really blend well my skin tone. 



27 부드러운 밀크초코 / 27 Smooth Milk Chocolate is a pink toned taupe shade that is getting popular these days. I personally like this color so much. This color can be used alone on the lid and it’ll look that you put an effort to look good.



28 달콤한 다크초코 / 28 Sweet Dark Chocolate is a dark brown shade. I use this for deepen any eye look. Recently I mostly purchased shimmer/satin/glitter eyeshadow, so I’m trying to balance the look out with darker matte shade and I bought this.



All of these shades are powdery; the dust flew away the moment I put my brush in. Which totally make a huge disappointment for me at first. But then, when I swatched it, they didn’t look powdery at all! In the contrary, they look velvety smooth and didn’t look flat. So, make sure to tap off any excess before applying them or you’ll mess up your under eye area.



Overall, they’re affordable and the pigmentation came off nice too. They’re easy to blend and have this sheen that didn’t make them look powdery or flat on the lid. They also stands great alone, it didn’t crease / gone even without any primer underneath.




       BRAND      
The Saem 

      PRODUCT NAME      
"Saemmul Single Blusher"

        type of product        
Blush

        shade        
#04 네이키드 피치 / #04 Naked Peach
#08 콜미 브라운 (쉐이딩) / #08 Call Me Brown (Shading)

      PRICE      
5g / KRW 5.000

        sites        

Next and the last one are the bronzer and the blush. They’re really affordable so I decided to try them.
The bronzer looks a little bit reddish on the pan, but when swatched I think it came out quite on the neutral tone side. The shade is definitely come out quite noticeable in my skin tone. You know, my skin is considered as “dark” in Korean cosmetic world, so it’s quite hard to find a bronzing stuff that actually can show up in my face.



Nothing special about the design or the initial packaging, but can we agree on how pretty the carvings on the pan are? :)


Again, similar to the eyeshadow, this bronzer has a LOT of fallouts. I can see a curtain of dust around when I apply these on my cheek. I noticed that only happen when I use a brush, because when I swatched it with my finger it feels buttery smooth ok. Oh, it also has a slighhhhht floral scent from this product! :) 



The blush sadly didn’t really showed up on my face. But nevertheless I like it because it gives me a slight flush of pink. It has a golden sheen to it, but it didn’t show up completely obvious in my cheek. I think it’ll showed up better for girls with fairer skin tone than mine. Oh, and it’s not a pink – pink, but it’s like a peachy pink so I think it’ll look good for anyone.



Overall, I sometime use the blush but of course I use the bronzer more. Even though the fallouts and the dusts quite are quite annoying, I still like them (and they’re cheap – cheaper than the Tony Moly’s Crystal Blusher). Right now I’m using the big-ass bronzer from Sephora that I like, but since it’s super big I definitely can’t bring it with me of short travel. And I don’t have the TM Bronzer anymore so this is a decent replacement for both I guess!



Thankyou so much for reading, sorry it’s soooo freakin’ long. Yeah right I put 3 products review in one posts! Again to remind you, I bought all of these with my own money! 




I’m quite satisfied with everything that I bought from The Saem. I think their brand is very affordable and had some great products too. It's not often that I get to go to The Saem store, but since a new one opened not far from home, I think I'm gonna visit it more often from now :p


Now that i see it, I think the blusher color did showed up on my skin! :p

What product would you recommend me from The Saem? Comment down below! xx



Where to find me :
tumblr // youtube // instagram // twitter // deviantart
xx

16 comments:

  1. I never tried any full size the saem products, but the eyeshadows look really pretty and the bottle of the mist, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyeshadows look really pretty and I like how the mist looks like a perrier sparkling water bottle haha very class ;) can't even tell it's a facial mist. Someone just might try to drink it lol

    Fancy Nancy’s YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! It's my first tiime too :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES They look the same with those perrier water. So funny a lot of ppl thought I was buying a mini sized perrier :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo I'd totally love to try the mojito spray! I would love a scrub or wash in that scent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Saem released another mojito facial mist, Fil? :O Or is it the upgraded version?
    I've ever tried The Saem Mojito facial mist here: http://www.xiaovee.com/2012/08/the-saem-mojito-cool-fresh-sparkle-mist.html (it's a very old review, in 2012). I'm wondering if The Saem still owns their mojito cool fresh sparkle mist >_<

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried anything from The Saem but these sure are interesting. The bottle of the mist looks so cool! It kinda reminds me of a soda bottle lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wah kayaknya ini yang upgraded ya? tapi kayaknya isinya sama, botolnya aja beda..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I have not bought anything from The Saem yet~ ^ w ^
    I am going to check a couple of their products out! ^ u ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I was just contemplating getting something from the saem, which was the Mojito body mist. Kinda regret not placing order on that one, since I'm trying to find a unique fresh scent, and mojito sounds just right up my alley ^-^

    thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely not hesitate placing order on the mojito range on my next haul ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I donnow if you checked my blog before, but I am huge fan The Saem! When I visited Korea I bought around 100$ and they gave me tons of samples, mask sheets and posters :=)


    meishenmeweishenme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you do have a lot of The Saem review! I should check out your blog first and then go crazy (Again) when there's sale :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mojito for life! Baunya enak banget :")

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol! It looks the same with the Perrier or something that are sold in starbucks :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I stocked the whole years cosmetics at once :) Their aloe jel and hareke seed series are really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for posting about the Saem! I'm going to Korea in 10 days hurrah so I'm gathering all the info I need. I'm really interested in the cooling mist for summer! The eyeshadows almost look like they have some shimmer in them in the swatch? I tend not to use single pot eyeshadows, so I will look out for some palettes! Thank you for your detailed reviews with pictures that demonstrate the products xx

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey